Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
Kolkata-based Subhashis Ghosh never went to art school himself, but by his own admission has loved colours since his childhood.
A creative consultant to companies, Subhashis finds art to be a means of expressing his emotions and his knowledge of himself and the world around him. He believes a work of art can reach a higher level of aesthetics only when an artist can reach deep within and marry knowledge with the right amount of skill.
Beginning with his first exhibition at the Gaganendra Pradarshanshala, Kolkata in 1999, Subhashis firmly believes that it is impossible to be fully satisfied with one’s work. There remains a temptation to rethink and correct oneself in subsequent attempts, and this process of evolution is always reflected in an artist’s body of work. In this process of nurturing himself, other form of art like books, cinema, music and paintings helped him a lot. Rather, Subhashis rejuvenated with Earth and it’s elements through these long journey and it’s just started.
While exploring this world, his way of expression flows through mediums like pen,
ink, pencil, charcoal, watercolour, acrylic and oil.
Artist’s statement : -
Painting is outcome of emotions, knowledge.
Sometime I think my work is Provisional Art, sometime expressionism – but I stick to search the core of my mind ! Originality is really ‘question the jour’ these days – I try to follow the intensity of mind only.
“Are you changing your course ?” Not exactly, it is the subject and it’s process of getting into the core takes responsibility to refine the execution of work. And it is a pretty interesting passage even it stings you enough, still can find the new gateways. Colours and strokes are getting more and more adventurous on my canvases which I love.
Sometime I see … A roaring horse thrashes out the hypocrisy – televisions and snail cars are landing down by parachutes – people are somnolent - my city. I paint. While an artist like Paul Russo appreciates works, follows and watches with his keen eyes you will feel a colossal presence for your works. Skoda selection too holds the same, recognising views of my works.
Creation is the key of civilisation – over the time and space. Let’s celebrate that.
Solo Exhibition :
1) First solo show at Academy of Fine Arts, 4th April – 10th April, 2013
2) Invitation solo show at Taj Bengal Hotel, Kolkata – 27th May to 2nd June, 2013
Group Exhibition – National:
1) 1999 - Gaganendra Pradarshanshala, Kolkata - Group exhibition with 3 kolkata artists
2) 2012, May 26-30 - Chemould art gallery, Kolkata - Group exhibition with 3 Delhi artists
3) 2012, October 6-17 – ‘Shakti’ an Invitation show by Gallery Gold, Kolkata
4) 2012, Dec 23- Jan 07 2013 - Academy of Fine Arts Annual Exhibition, Kolkata – by selection
5) 2013, 4th – 9th January - ‘Of Corals and Mangroves’ show at Jamnagar, Gujarat.
6) 2013, 24th Jan – 28th Jan - ‘Navi Mumbai Art Festival’ show at Mumbai.
7) 2013, March 12 – 17 – ‘Nostalgia’, the annual show of Bharatkalakendra.
8) 2013, March 27-3rd April – academy of fine arts
Group Exhibition – International:
1) 2012, September 21- October 18 - City Lights Gallery, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA –
Selected and participating in “MAKE ART NOT WAR” an International art show organized by City Lights Gallery in collaboration with the World Artist Network honoring the United Nations International Day of Peace, on September 21. Artwork curated by City Lights curatorial staff, headed by Suzanne Kachmar, curator and executive director of City Lights.