All rule violations are subject to a minimum of a 24 hour ban and a maximum 365 days at the discretion of the admin on duty
1. Do not flame, abuse, or insult another user by harassment or by referring to sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, national origin, or disability. Nor any other insult. Arguments that go beyond reasonable debate will be removed from the forum.
Do not troll.
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
EXAMPLES OF TROLLING
Posting replies just for the sake of posting.
Posting comments irrelevant to the topic.
Posting ridicule because someone said something that was wrong.
Do not disrespect Moderators, Administrators or other Members, on the open board, or in private messages.
2. No Spamming or Flooding This includes signature links in posts. Members may add one link per thread.
3. Do not post in ALL CAPS in the subject or body of your post. It is considered screaming. No text speak or strange text. If you need help use simple, normal font and text.
4. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic
5. The forum is aimed at a general audience. Pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links are not allowed. Vulgar Language and Swearing, is not allowed. Swearing, even in Abbreviation or phonetically, in an attempt to bypass this swear rule, is not allowed. Any Illegal content will also lead to a ban. Users may not post images that require a safe filter to the open forum.
Some examples of links you shouldn't be posting:
Links that make your browser crash, or otherwise act strange.
Links to other harmful content such as Trojans and/or Viruses.
Links to Phishing sites.
Users should not link to or seek information on warez, crackz, or to reprint copyrighted material without permission.
6. People who consistently come on just to post negative threads will be removed from the forum. Statements about the site that are untrue will lead to a ban.
7. Please leave your religious and political arguments at the door. If you wish to discuss these topics you may in a special group, Everything in Moderation run by Sydne, or Alternative Art and Chat run by Lala. Subjects can broach onto these subjects if about art. Life subjects are fine.... animals, climate, etc but leave all arguments at the door.
8. Members will respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Do not name and shame other Members in the forum
Members who have a question about a potentially offensive, illegal, or flaming post or thread should immediately notify Moderators via private message, or at the contact link in the above ABOUT menu. You need TECH SUPPORT. Do not give trolls, trouble makers, or infringers the publicity they wish by calling them out in public
If You believe that Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a Notice with the following information to the Website's Copyright Agent:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A detailed description of the copyright work that You claim has been infringed;
3. A description of precisely where the material that You claim is being infringed is located on the Website;
4. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
6. A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your Notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Fine Art America's Copyright Agent for Notice is:
Fine Art America
ATTN: Copyright Agent
1450 Second Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
9. Please use the search before posting. The chances are that the question is already answered on the front page of the discussions if a new issue. Only the first persons thread on an issue will be kept open. All others will have a link to that original post and then be closed.
10. Forum moderators reserve the right to remove posts and threads, and to ban offenders from the forum, temporarily or permanently, without warning. Any ban can and will be at moderator discretion. Disciplinary action will NOT be discussed on the forum. The Community Manager will make the final decision in any rules dispute or disciplinary action.
11. Image Threads. Occasionally we temporarily disallow new ones. NO NEW IMAGE THREADS. OR CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE A GOOD DISCUSSION IDEA FOR IMAGE THEMES. All image threads will need a good discussion thread around them and will be closed after one month
12. We expect Members to treat others as they expect to be treated. Our leading word in this forum is RESPECT. Respect for staff, other members AND yourself.
13. If you ask for feedback you WILL get it, good and bad. Please do not run to Moderators when people have respectfully given you what you asked for. Be warned.
14. Please do not discuss, or ask questions about, competitor sites on the forum. If you would like to ask questions about them or discuss them please use their forums.
These rules are for groups also and any area where members discuss things.
Please keep checking back as these rules are subject to change at admin discretion.