Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
Val loves to do Spencerian penmanship, house portraits in colored pencil. She now does 8.5 x 11' laminated 'placemats' of her penmanship and sells them at craft fairs around W. Michigan.
Val went to Western Michigan University, Center for Creative Studies, Kendall College of Art and Design, University of Mich., Davenport University, Cornerstone U. and several other schools, including Kalamazoo Institute of Arts.
Val lives in Southwestern Michigan, South of Grand Rapids.
Val enjoys driving in St. Joseph County, taking her 2 blue-heeler mix dogs out for walks, and doing penmanship. Val teaches calligraphy at the COA or Commission on Aging in St. Joseph County, Michigan, in Three Rivers.
Other types of art done by Val VanOrden in the past:
1) Mural 9 foot x 11 foot, of bugs playing musical instruments.
2) Medical illustrations published in college textbooks.
3) Medical illustration published in medical journal.
4) Medical illustrations used for teaching in Haiti (where Val spent a year in Missionary work).
5) Logos for business cards.
6) Addressed wedding or graduation envelopes in calligraphy.
7) Multiple house portraits for residents around W. Michigan and Detroit.