My name is Tara Marie Cordero and I just entered my 35th year on God's green earth (ack!). I am the single mother to a lovely little mini-me named Serena. She is 10 going on 11 next month (double ack!) and we are doing the homeschool thing (uber ack!). I currently reside in humid (but beautiful) Tampa, Florida which has been my home my whole life. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Penn State with a Bachelor's in Law and Society (don't call me smarty pants though!) I was actually in real estate (as an assistant) for 8 years before I decided to make a go of art full-time. Scary - but awesome!
THE ARTSY STUFF
So I am what you would call a 'self-taught' artist. Throughout the years I did some hobby drawing, painting and crafts but did not really give it my all until fairly recently. I won't pretend to be something I am not - I am in the beginning stages of what I hope to be a long-term career in art. No awards (yet) or huge commissions (yet), but I have drive and I am relentless when I want something. After being in a dark place for a long time, art is one of the only things that I wholeheartedly enjoy doing. My creativity and inspiration comes from what I think is a unique perception of everything that surrounds me and that I have experienced in my life. My art exemplifies every emotion under the rainbow - love, determination, confusion, fear, sympathy, hopelessness, happiness and fascination. My #1 goal is to connect with people through these common feelings. Whoa - that got deep for a second!
THE 'WHAT MAKES ME TICK OR GO ICK' STUFF
1. Besides art, the law is a passion of mine. I love all aspects of it - criminal law especially. I am so nerdy with pretty much every crime show you can watch on TV, as well as every serial killer book I can read. My mom worries about me in this aspect (just kidding).
2. Music - I can't do much without jamming. I literally like every kind of music there is; techno, 80's, 90's, pop, rock, opera, country, trance, classical, instrumental, dubstep...I could go on. I think music connects with and influences people in a similar way as art ad creativity.
3. Favorite color - purple (it's purty).
4. I love cats; I have one named Rosy. If all else fails, I could always retire on a hill somewhere and become the crazy cat lady - for sure.
5. Favorite scent - lavendar (duh - it's purple).
6. If Breyers ever stops making mint chocolate chip ice cream, I will easily fall into a deep depression.
7. Makes me go ick - men with long fingernails. Don't think I need to elaborate there; just . . . ew.
8. Makes me ticked - people who think they are better than others. We are all just trying to do our best in life - don't poo on anyone's parade!
9. Makes me go ick again - shallow and materialistic people. Physical beauty fades people, we will all sag somewhere eventually. That's why you should buy art - it stays beautiful for forever!
10. My daughter - she makes me tick. All that I do is for her, I love that little nerd.