'Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it' (Confucius)
Originally from Lorient, in beautiful Brittany (Celtic part of France), photography and travels have been an integral part of my life for as long as I can remember.
After graduating from an International School of Management specialized in international business between Europe and Asia, I have been working for over 10 years as a consultant for European companies willing to expand their activities into Asian markets before starting a career in professional photography.
As part of my job, my travels have taken me to many parts of Europe and Asia as well as other locations around the globe, allowing me to photography the beauty of our world, its natural scenery, its people and its cities, as well as to work in various fields of activities such as Fashion, Wine and Spirits, Delicatessen or Boating.
I enjoy many types of photographic subjects and styles, but I specialize myself in the following fields :
- Portrait Photography : pets, people (individual and couple portrait), modeling sessions and professionals sessions
- Editorial Photography : atmospheric images for the book covers industry, the music industry, online blogs and magazines
- Fashion Photography : products, portrait and lifestyle photography works for editorial, commercial and advertising use
- Fine Art Photography : personal works as well as commissioned works for private individuals, associations, or professionals
- Professional Retouching : commissioned works for private individuals, associations, or professionals
Most of the time I use a Nikon D700 with a NIKKOR AF-S 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens – together with the Nikon’s top-of-the-line SB 910 Speedlight Flash unit, whenever necessitated. It’s reliable, has a fast shutter speed, covers a wide range of shooting situations and you don’t see noise even at 6400 ISO.
But it is my love for artistic digital enhancement that really gets my heart pumping and creative juices flowing. While I have a few shots that are heavily manipulated, I prefer to apply subtle adjustments and changes. I touch up my ‘digital negatives’ in Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop to recreate and enhance what I felt and saw when the capture was made. I particularly enjoy using texture layers to create a very specific and unique moody atmosphere in my images. This is certainly the reason why my photographic style has often been described as ‘highly atmospheric’.