This group was started on January 19th, 2012 and currently has:
Courtesy and respect are required. Those being disrespectful, be it the person asking for critique or giving it, will be removed. There will be no warnings.
If you wish to have your an image critiqued please follow these instructions:
A. Try to critique a few images yourself first. This forum works only if those who request critiques also try to provide critiques. If you would like 10 people to respond to a critique request, try to respond to 10 critiques first. More or less. In other words, this is a give and take, not a take and take.
B. After you've read and done a few critiques, ask for a critique:
1. Go to group discussions.
2.Click on Post A New Topic Add a title to the name of your discussion (preferably the name of your art piece) and an image link (not an image upload) from your gallery to identify which piece is being submitted for evaluation.
When you ask for a critique, try to be specific with your request.
EXAMPLE: What do you do think of this composition? Do you think the colors work well together? Can you see a way for me to improve this image?
(Check previous threads for references)
3. Don't post more than one image in a discussion unless it's for comparison between two versions of the same image.
4. Wait for feedback. It varies in time and participation.
Feedback is honest. If it's a poorly done piece of work, people are going to say it. If it's well done, people will say it. This isn't a group for ego stroking, it's meant to improve work.
5. If possible, let us know, which software programs you have for editing and what camera was used to create the image to be critiqued.
6.If taken with a Smart Phone, let us know the model,make.
7.When you upload an image for discussion, and you're satisfied with the suggestions and improvements, please upload the before and after to the Group images and they will be used as a 'featured image'.
8. Starting Feb. 1st,2014, Raw Critique will no longer post or accept images, unless they meet the following criteria:
A. They were uploaded and discussed on the discussion board.
B. You have not sold more than $500 on FAA, to date. This is of course, on the 'Honor System'but if abused, the member will be removed from the group. This is an attempt to, in a very small way, help market new and emerging artists. Sellers here, consistently selling, do not need this, but new artists do. Please do not abuse this. There is no way, or little opportunity to'police' this, so it's'Honor Among Artists' for now.
9.If you are new to or don't feel you have a good understanding of the Photoshop-like software programs out there,the Admin, Rich Franco, will accept RAW files(preferably) from our members, limit 1 week to start and I'll gladly take a shot at 'fixing' the image to my criteria. Once fixed, it will be posted to the group. for a 'Before and After' and the artist is welcomed, if the approve of my adjustments, to upload to their site, for sale. If there are things in your image that you would like, let me know,when you send me the image, if I can, I will try and make those changes. But, I'm not a 'wizard' by any stretch, and can only do the things that I do for my own images.
10. If an artist, uploads an image and for now, only photography, and would like a numerical rating based on my opinion,(1-10), let me know. I am not qualified to do so on paintings,drawings,etc.
11. Paintings. In the past, I have contributed a small amount to the discussion,concerning paintings,etc. and can only add advice, realtive to the image as a photograph,composition,lighting,etc., other than it's a poor copy,bad crop, which is apparent. I am asking other painters to join in and get more involved,particularly, with this medium.
The eventual success of this group, will be totally based on the involvement of ALL it's members, from new artists asking for suggestions and help, to'experienced(OLD, like me)' artists, offering advice and guidance, for the emerging artists, which we all were at some time.
And mostly, let's have fun and learn!
Thank you for your participation in the Raw Critique group. Again, please be sure to also visit other threads and offer your feedback to other artists. This group is about being helpful to each other, and I want to be sure that it remains a give and take...not become a take and take.
Thanks to Angelina Vick, for getting this to be one of the best Groups around!