Celebrating the Spirit of Christmas
STUDIO3 celebrates the Spirit of Christmas with Ethereal Works of the Season by PAUL B. These can be viewd online in the Exhibition section at http://www.studio3india.com.
- A self-taught contemporary Indian artist who has carved a unique niche for himself in the world of Indian art
- A revivalist who has contemporised the art of medieval Christian orthodox icons and infused it with a modern context through his interpretations of commonly celebrated themes within the genre
- His intricately detailed narratives are his personal reflections on the faith, depicted in his child-like story telling style, thus creating his own unique and rare Christian mythology
- Self-styled, Paul B\\\'s compositions are spontaneous - he does not draw or sketch before painting and his work flows like free verse poetry, building up with each character and often culminating in a narrative
- Paul B\\\'s technique imitates tempra on gesso - he works in multiple thin layers of oils on canvas, embellishing it further with detailed patterns and finally gilding it with 24 carat gold leaf
- An avid collector of dated Christian artefacts and iconography, Paul B\\\'s world dwells within a secret chapel that is privy to a very few