This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Post your best traditional medium painting. Only paintings with physical mediums (ex: oil, acrylic, gouache, watercolor, tempera, etc...) will be allowed in this contest.
To celebrate the summer, this contest is open to traditional paintings! Every style is allowed, but it has to be physical mediums, digital mediums are not allowed for this one.
Painting is the practice of applying paint, pigment, color or other medium to a surface (support base). The medium is commonly applied to the base with a brush but other implements, such as knives, sponges, and airbrushes, can be used. In art, the term painting describes both the act and the result of the action. However, painting is also used outside of art as a common trade among craftsmen and builders. Paintings may have for their support such surfaces as walls, paper, canvas, wood, glass, lacquer, clay, leaf, copper or concrete, and may incorporate multiple other materials including sand, clay, paper, gold leaf as well as objects.
1. Only mediums allowed are paints. This means no digital paintings.
2. If I feel the artwork does not fit in this contest, it will be deleted.
3. Only members of FAA can vote.
4. You can upload 1 image.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 - 6:19 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 - 6:19 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 - 6:19 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 - 10:40 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
A personalized "Featured" tab on wardarthouse.com that will be linked to your own page that will display the winning painting and a picture/description of the artist, with link to their FAA gallery, which will be active for ALL of June!