This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Post your best 'Pop Art' artwork. All mediums are accepted, but be aware what the definition of Pop Art is, pieces that do not represent the style will be deleted.
Pop art is an art movement that emerged in the mid 1950s in Britain and in the late 1950s in the United States. Pop art presented a challenge to traditions of fine art by including imagery from popular culture such as advertising, news, etc. In Pop art, material is sometimes visually removed from its known context, isolated, and/or combined with unrelated material. The concept of pop art refers not as much to the art itself as to the attitudes that led to it. Pop art employs aspects of mass culture, such as advertising, comic books and mundane cultural objects.
Don't be stuck in the past, Pop art pieces can be either traditionally post-modern, or more neo-contemporary! The world of culture is at your fingertips!
Post-Modern examples: Richard Hamilton, Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol
Neo-Modern examples: Kevin Cherry, Jeff Koons, Mark Malazarte
1. All mediums are allowed.
2. Work MUST be Pop Art. If I feel the artwork does not fit in this contest, it will be deleted.
3. Only members of FAA can vote.
4. NO nudity in artwork, keep it family friendly.
4. You can upload 1 image.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Friday, February 1st, 2013 - 8:42 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Friday, February 15th, 2013 - 8:42 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Friday, February 22nd, 2013 - 8:42 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Saturday, December 20th, 2014 - 1:43 AM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
A personalized \"Featured\" page on wardarthouse.com that will be linked to your own page that will display the winning painting and a picture/description of the artist, with link to their FAA gallery, which will be active for ALL of March!