This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
PhotoArt Challenge #12 - Dignity
This week my challenge is to go to the Morgue files (link follows)
And choose a face to create a dignified portrait of your choosing in the media of your choice. Since you can have 10 entries pick as many different ones you want, or 10 variations of the same face. BUT... remember the topic Dignity... Please show respect.
Usage quote from the Morgue files...
'You are allowed to copy, distribute, transmit the work and to adapt the work. Attribution is not required. You are prohibited from using this work in a stand alone manner.'
Which means that as long as you 'do something' the photo you are free to use it as you wish.
You may consider colorizing the black & white images before 'painting' but that is not a requirement.
As usual .... Be Creative ;O)
1. You MUST use one or more of the images shown in the above link.
2. Anything Goes as far as techniques used to create your portrait.
3. Your creation should be in the form of a dignified portrait in the digital medium of your choice (sketch, oil, pastel, watercolor, etc...)
4. You may submit up to 10 entries
5. You will have one week to work on it and upload to the contest. So take your time.
6. As stated above these images are free from restriction except as noted..
In regards to voting.. I think you can agree that this is not the type of contest that you enter to advertise your art... so.. there is no stopping you from voting for your own images, but please refrain. If you must.. just use one of your votes for your entries, and please use all of your available votes. And please judge the images in as to how well they conform to the contest instructions. Thanks.
Oh, and once you upload an image leave a little note in the discussions telling us a little about your methods. Or anything you want us to know about it. (optional)
If you see your image disappear.. see the discussion 'why did my entry disappear'
Also see the discussion area for some tips on file size.
Each participant may submit 10 images.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Saturday, June 29th, 2013 - 3:43 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Saturday, July 6th, 2013 - 3:43 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 - 3:43 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Saturday, April 18th, 2015 - 3:22 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes: