NO Vote Solicitation - Nature Photography Overview
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
NO HEAVY DIGITAL PROCESSING!!!
NOTHING MAN-MADE!!! ALL NATURAL! NO ROADS, BRIDGES, PEOPLE...ETC.
This contest is to bring awareness to the epidemic that has been plaguing Fine Art America - Vote Solicitation.
Contests used to be about quality work and ethical voting by peers. It was a source of pride to know your piece finished in the top three because it was worthy of votes. It has turned into a circus of who has more Facebook fans, and asking people to vote for it. In my opinion that is behavior unbecoming of an artist.
I urge everyone to enter, even if you are a well known vote solicitor and see if your work will hold up even if you do not ask for votes. May the best piece win.
1) The image must still look like a photograph. No heavy digital work like HDR or crazy stuff like that. If it does not look pretty close to what it did out of the camera, I will ask you to replace it. I am fine with a little color boosting, but not too much.
2) This is for nature photography ONLY. Nothing man-made in the shot. No buildings, fence posts, telephone lines, people, pets, roads, trails, car ruts, cars, motorcycles...etc. Animals are welcome if they are in their nature habitat.
3) NO VOTE SOLICITATION. I know all the ins and outs of vote solicitors. Your image will be instantly removed.
4) The top three images will be featured in the Travel Photographers Group. Join if you are not a member.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) You must be a member of FineArtAmerica.com in order to cast votes in this contest. Your account must have been active at least 30 days prior to the start of the contest in order to vote.
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 10 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 - 2:44 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 - 2:44 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 - 2:44 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Saturday, April 25th, 2015 - 8:38 AM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes: