Exclusively Drawing and Painting - People Overview
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Welcome to the SECOND contest sponsored by the Exclusively Drawings and Paintings group! In addition to the fabulous prizes noted, the top three vote getters will be lavished with top billing on the group home page for one month. I won't even require that you join the group (though it might be nice)! For our second contest the subject will be PEOPLE... a portrait, a group of people, a lone walker, two dancers, etc... the subject must be a person or people as the MAIN focus.
Please, PLEASE read the rules! I'll know if you don't because you'll submit something that doesn't fit and that will make you appear to be of sub-average intelligence. You don't want that, believe me...
1. Just as the name of the group suggests, this contest is strictly for art created in a traditional manner, ie, a painting done with pigment and brushes, a drawing done using pencils, pens, markers, etc.... absolutely no photography or anything digitally created or manipulated. (If you used some computer program in any way to create your piece this is not your contest). Of course, you had to use a camera to photograph your piece and that doesn't count as taboo for our purposes. I promise I will delete any entries that do not fit the criteria! You all know what Traditional means, so lets not try to sneak anything else in. It will make me VERY cross. And I DO check each and every entry.
2. Entries limited to three images each. You may vote for as many as you like but only once per image, of course, because FAA won't let you vote for an image more than once, even if you try (I know, because I've tried).
3. I can't stand next to you at your computer or other techno device and insure that you aren't soliciting votes, but seriously, what does it prove if you can get all of your friends to vote for you? If I suspect it's happening (an unusually obscene number of votes is a dead giveaway), I'll be disappointed in you. Really. Let your work stand on it's own merit, OK?
4. I'm all about the 1st Amendment, but let's assume there are kids, or your boss, or your mother, looking over your shoulder at the art that you've entered. Anything that I think would throw Grandma into apoplexy or send my child into therapy will be deleted. This means, kiddies, if you are submitting a nude, make it a tasteful (as opposed to 'tasty') nude.
I can't think of anything else, so ... let's do this! Have fun and let's all see what you've got!
OK.... DOGS AND CATS ARE NOT NOW NOR HAVE THEY EVER BEEN PEOPLE (UNLESS MAYBE IF YOU BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION). PLEASE DO NOT ENTER PAINTINGS OF THEM. They are cute, but I have already deleted 5 paintings of dogs and/or cats.
OK (part 2)....Tasteful nudes....something you would see in a freshman figure drawing class. 'Tasty' nudes... something you might see late at night on Cinemax (does Cinemax still exist?). People depicted in an explicit, sexual situation should not be submitted, no matter how well portrayed.
Each participant may submit 3 images.
1) Votes may be cast by any visitor to FineArtAmerica.com (members and non-members).
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for as many images as you like... but only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 - 3:51 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Sunday, August 25th, 2013 - 3:51 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Thursday, August 29th, 2013 - 3:51 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Saturday, December 20th, 2014 - 2:25 AM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
Confidence in the fact that you are truly awesome
Not as awesome as 1st place, but still pretty freakin