Fine Art America is the world's most powerful sales and marketing tool for photographers and visual artists.
Simply open an account, upload your images, set your prices for all our available products, and you're instantly in business! FAA provides you with an e-commerce website, fulfills your orders for you, and sends you your profits each month.
This contest is over. Click here to view the winners!
Submit your best photo of a California mission.
Rules - Please read these as I have found that many people don't. I will delete photos not adhering to these rules, which is sad because I've had to delete some really nice photos in my other contests. Sorry to be such a hard-nose, but I find that people just have a hard time with reading comprehension in these contests and it seems I spend half of my time deleting photos that don't belong in my contests which is not fair to me or the contestants that do follow the rules.
UPDATE: EVEN AFTER THAT STATEMENT I STILL HAD TO DELETE 4 OF 9 PHOTOS. PLEASE READ RULE 1, THEN READ IT AGAIN IF YOU'RE CONFUSED.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Since 1 of those 4 people decided they needed to submit their photo again I guess I need to say it once more: READ THE RULES. Items in CAPS are there because someone didn't pay attention and I had to delete their entry.
1. Photo should ONLY consist of a California mission. There should be no background except the sky. No trees, no ground, no people, not even an oxcart. Nothing that isn't an architectural feature of the mission. Look at my example. Sky and mission, and nothing else. That's what I'm looking for, and the sky is optional. DOES YOUR PHOTO HAVE BRANCHES IN IT? CAN YOU SEE THE HILLS IN THE BACKGROUND? IF SO, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IT.
2. One photograph (NOTE THAT A PHOTOGRAPH IS SOMETHING MADE BY CAPTURING LIGHT WITH A CAMERA AND NOT SOMETHING CREATED BY MANUALLY APPLYING PAINT TO A SURFACE) per photographer.
AGAIN, IF THE PHOTO DOESN'T OBVIOUSLY FOLLOW THESE RULES IT WILL BE DELETED. IF I HAVE TO GUESS OR THINK ABOUT IT TOO HARD IT WILL BE DELETED NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT IS.
To keep the contest from having more photos than one can reasonably expect to be viewed by most voters, I may end the contest early if there are more than 100 entries. (Really, does anyone ever get to the photos on page 8?)
My purpose is to get attention for all participants. Feel free to go out and solicit votes, but ask them to vote for AT LEAST TWO photos (I know we can't make them, but hopefully this will encourage them to look at everyone's photo and not just vote for yours.). Voting is open to anyone.
Each participant may submit 1 image.
1) Votes may be cast by any visitor to FineArtAmerica.com (members and non-members).
2) You may only vote once per image.
3) You may vote for a total of 10 different images... but again, only once for any given image.
Status: This contest is over.
Monday, August 19th, 2013 - 10:57 PM
Submissions End / Voting Begins:
Monday, August 26th, 2013 - 10:57 PM
Voting Ends / Prizes Awarded:
Monday, September 2nd, 2013 - 10:57 PM
Current Time (Eastern United States):
Friday, December 13th, 2013 - 1:41 PM
This contest will be awarding the following prizes:
I will post your photo and store to my Facebook page